Just lounging

Solitary, silence, minus the city buzz, cell phone rings, message alerts, workload, worries.... ahh it is so refreshing. This is the air of true relaxation.

After receiving my college diploma and exam review in April, immediately I started working in May of 2001. Since then, work has occupied my life with occasional recreation and minimal rest. There was never a day of being jobless. Thus, sometimes I wonder, how does it feel to be a bum? But with the unemployment rate we have, the thought of not receiving anything at payday scares me to death.

Today, I will just lounge. No mall, no crazy stuff, just tv and the internet. Everyone deserves a break, even pigs. My morning started a little late today. I had spicy sinangag this breakfast with fried dulong and veggie omelette. Now back in bed and will soon start reading.

There is so much about life that we had the opportunity to devour that most of the times we neglect solitary and silence. In them we get to reflect more of ourselves and acknowledge the gifts that we’ve had.

Silence is sensible. The silence of the house can be disturbing to some, thus, we turn on the radio or tv and have some music or friends or family around. Silence and solitary does not necessarily mean being alone, it could also be productive in recharging the mind and giving it some downtime. Even computers needs rebooting in case it hanged, and when you do there is a tremendous improvement at how it functions.   

Silence is more eloquent than speech as they say. It is my way of reaching another side of being not possible when going through the daily routine. Most of the time, I employ silence when confused or worried. I also contemplate on life’s situation by moments of silence to the point that Tin gets irritated and wants me to spill out my mind’s content. However, I always believe and have tried to convince her that even in relationships we will still need our individual silence and solitary. It will always be healthy to have one.

A healthy dose of silence and solitary transforms to quite reflection to reach that level of inner calmness. As the famous Max Ehrmann’s desiderata reminds us: “Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace may be in SILENCE”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring your Sexual Energy

I’m Hot, they’re Not!