In Memoriam: Sister Act

Its been 14 years since our sister Zipporah left us. It was painful, especially for my parents who longed for a daughter. She may be the toughest of us all, never wanting us to learn her aches and to her last breath kept her struggle to us all. She even turned our parents attention to something as she took her last air. Amidst the time, it seems like yesterday when we were still taking care of our only princess. I used to walk her in the beach-front. The pain seems so fresh especially at times like this. 

Two nights ago, I dreamed of her (again). The scenario was like we were young, playing at our home. Then suddenly I felt her discomfort, she seems unhappy of a construction somewhere near us. I saw some hollow blocks and cement. As I opened my eyes, a tear instantly fell. I know, just like in the past, she wanted to send a message. That she must have missed me too, especially that I wasn't able to go home last All Souls Day. I immediately requested my mother to ask someone to visit her resting place. 

My brother then informed me that indeed there were grasses and some dirts in her tomb. He cleaned it and lit a candle. Mother said she maybe asking for a reconstruction. And now kailangan ko na magbudget for that. 

Just like in the past, she is indeed sending a message. During her wake, in a dream, she asked an aunt for yellow flowers. and yellow it is. We never really knew her favorite color, until then. Since she is the the youngest, she was pampered with all those colorful dresses.  

Several years ago, I dreamed of her enthroned in a beautifully decorated float with little purple colored flowers. When we paid a visit there were indeed weeds with little purple flowers surrounding the tomb. Then, one stormy night, I dreamed of her crying. She wanted to play outside but there were water and leaves scattered which we also saw in her mausoleum.


“be kind to your siblings; they're your best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future" - Mary Schmidt 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring your Sexual Energy

I’m Hot, they’re Not!