Embattled

“I offered my back to those who strike me, my cheeks to those who pulled my beard; neither did I shield my face from blows, spittle and disgrace. I have not despaired, for the Lord Yahweh comes to my help.” Isaiah 50:6-7

Rounds of fire are on me in the past days. Like serpents, they’re around me waiting for their turn to strike, like hungry lions that can’t wait for their first bite.

As an individual, I admit feeling the discomfort, the hurt and brokenness. Every thoughts of it are hunting me till the wee hours. There were instances where I wanted to unleash my fury and make their noses bleed. But letting them know that I am is another story.

Yes, she was a friend. And I mean it…. WAS. I have always known her to be a perfectionist, persistent to the point of being arrogant. But, I never thought she could be that disrespectful. Nothing is wrong with being confident for as long as you don’t step on someone else’s feet.

Lent is about forgiveness, but when people attack your very person it take tons of self control not to retaliate.

On the other hand, this is indeed a humbling experience. Having the opportunity to taste their wrath is an indication that I indeed matter, a force that in one way or another affects them.

For now, all I can do is magbuntong hininga at magbitaw ng isang NA MO!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring your Sexual Energy

I’m Hot, they’re Not!