Gift of Old Age

Si Lolo Dito meron nito which among his children was bestowed to my Father. Na ipinasa naman ni Erpat sa amin ng brother ko. Eto ay..... Rheumatoid Arthritis or simply RAYUMA.


Mine started four years ago. I thought it was just joint strain after a little accident, but when the pain subsided after a day or two and after checking with cousin whose into ortho, naging malinaw na ang lahat. Hindi sya sprained, but it was Rheumatoid Arthritis. It was explained that probably the accident has triggered an existing genetic disorder. RA is an autoimmune disease causing chronic inflammation of the joints or tissues around it.



Yesterday RA once again hit me. I can barely walk to the cab and cursed the long walk from the office out. The pain was really excruciating, yung tipong isusumpa mo na lahat ng mga nakakasalubong mo at mga nakaharang sa daraanan mo.The journey home is comparable to a walk in a thorned path. Every step is equal to almost unbearable sting. We witnessed how father suffered to the point that he can no longer stand. He was always easily irritated then, and now I perfectly understand why.  

I may not inherited his looks, but father has an eternal proof that I am his.... 

Comments

Anonymous said…
natrigger siguo ulet dahil sa kaka-cardio workout mo. mag pushups na lang kasi eh!
SuperBasS said…
siguro nga... after 30 mins na takbo and another 30 na stationary bike.

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring your Sexual Energy

I’m Hot, they’re Not!